Waterfall Fortress

Final version: Maybe. I'm happy enough with this to leave it. Good enough for the deadline. I'll give it a day and see if I want to come back to it.



First color pass: It's working out alright. I feel like a bag of skittles exploded onto my canvas, I'm not use to contrasting colors like this. I really need to come up with a better castle idea then the lame fortresses I have so far. So freaking generic. 



Color study lineup: Checking to see what works. I wanted the skylight behind the wall to represent  that fiery glow you see in movies when wars happen. Lord of the Rings or something. My worst fear looking at these are that they look like a variety of easter eggs. I think I like the blue/green lushiness of #3/#4 plus the brown of #5.
Thumbnail lineup: Attempting to see which value scheme reads best. I think number 2 has some really great drama, but the sky needs fixing. Maybe I'll pull from number 5 as far as that goes.


1 comment:

  1. Great start Marc, you have some really strong ideas. I agree with you on drawing from 2 with 5's sky. But I would like to perhaps see a strong light cast from under the skull to create those really dramatic, ominous shadows. Kinda as if you were holding a flash light under its chin. Awesome start though, can't wait to see the final! :)

    ReplyDelete