I don't know if I like the composition of this. I tried to do a SketchUp mock-up and play with view angles but everything came out too compressed. I still need to tweak this but its getting there. Maybe.
1) Round reflective surfaces reflect whats around it. (What a revelation, huh?)
2) Reflection sharpness depends on surface texture.
3) Color on flat surfaces lighten a little as light passes over.
4) Water/glass softens and distorts.
Decided to do a simple still life study. I've decided to address my problem of understanding light and shadow and how its affected by color.
1) The local color (color of the object) is affected by the color of the light.
2) Shadows will be the contrasting color mixed with the local color.
3) Cast shadows are more opaque.
4) Shadows are less saturated.
Working on this assignment for my Adv. Digi-Illustration class. Its an underwater research lab. I suck at doing details and understanding where the light comes from.